Amy's Pink Smoothie Bowl




Amy's Pink Smoothie Bowl

We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. By eating a wholesome, healthy breakfast, we eliminate the need to snack throughout the morning, and it makes us feel productive and motivated to get on with our day. I admit, I haven't always been a fan of breakfast. Mornings are not my strong point and the idea of eating after I wake up does not appeal to me. Recently, however, I have been making a conscious effort to make tasty and Instagrammable breakfasts, so I make breakfast something to look forward to. I have seen the benefits and I wanted to share one of my favourite recipes for a quick, yet healthy breakfast. So here it is, Amy's Pink Smoothie Bowl.



Ingredients: 
1 ripe banana (save a few slices for topping)
1 cup of fresh strawberries (save 1 or 2 for topping)
½ cup of almond and coconut milk
2 tablespoons of rolled porridge oats
2 tablespoons of chia seeds (1/2 teaspoon for topping)
½ teaspoon of desiccated coconut for topping





Method:
To make this easy smoothie bowl, simply blend all the main ingredients together until you reach your desired consistency (thick enough you can eat it with a spoon). Adding extra almond and coconut milk if necessary. I like to soak my rolled porridge oats in a little water before, but you don't have to.




To decorate simply line up each element on the top of your smoothie bowl. This simple breakfast has all the aspects you'll need for a well-rounded meal. The rolled oats will keep you fuller for longer and the chia seeds are an instant energy booster providing protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals and omega 3!  This is the perfect breakfast because its quick, healthy, tasty and very aesthetically pleasing!





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Superfood Salad

Spring Trends to Take Advantage Of

Aloha Hawai'i, it's Amy!